- To me in this circumstance, it is not how you start running, but how you make running easy to maintain. Let me say this, anyone can go outside and go for a run.
- But will you do it again the next day?
- Will you keep going the day after that?
- How can you make this a solid habit?
Here on my thoughts that make running enjoyable and reinforcing to keep doing it
ONE: Finding the right shoes that make you want to fly
- If you haven’t had this feeling, you haven’t found the right pair. It’s not about the padding, a shoe is about the fit and if you are running in it for a long period of time you want it to fit well!
TWO: Doing at the time of day you HAVE energy
- So many people are not morning people and try to run in the morning easily associating hating mornings with hating to run
- Do it in the afternoon if you have the most energy then. That adrenaline rush it’s going to give you is going to put you in a great mood!!
THREE: Don’t go too far when you start running
- When you establish the love for running you can start pushing the limits
- But until you learned what you love about it, going too far might be the reason you never want to run again
- Stop when you’re feeling good when you first start running. Not when you’re sore and tired.